1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Activity Icon

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by octogenarian, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. octogenarian

octogenarian Thread Starter

I have had a small icon in my task tray that shows up-traffic and down-traffic from the internet. Somehow, it has disappeared. How do I restore it? (I knew how once, but have forgotten how.)

2. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

octogenarian, Start>Control Panel then open "Network Connections". Right click your connection, choose "Properties" and under the "General" tab checkmark "Show icon in notification area when connected", click OK. If it's already checkmarked uncheck it click OK then checkmark it and click OK.

Tufenuf

3. octogenarian

octogenarian Thread Starter

That does it. Thanks very much!!

4. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

octogenarian, Glad to see that the problem is fixed and Thanks for posting back to let us know.

Tufenuf

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/606323