Internet always disconnecting or timing out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mikoll

I cant figure out what is causing this to happen, but when Im in games and on teamspeak and such. I always get sort of disconnected in games where people are running in one spot and not moving. Most of the time it just disconnects me. It happens on my other computer too at the same time as me. I just formatted my computer, so I dont think I have any viruses.

Any ideas?

Try restarting your network first;
Shut everything down, disconnect power to switches, modems, routers, etc...

Restart, beginning at the modem and working your way to the PC's.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Since it happens on both systems, it's probably a common component. I'd start by doing a firmware upgrade of the router, and also a factory reset and reconfigure it. If that doesn't do it, try connecting directly to the modem and see if it's reliable that way. If so, it's the router. If it's still dropping the connection, it's the modem, wiring in the house, or your ISP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online