1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Audit Help!

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Officerbob, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Officerbob

Officerbob Thread Starter

My supervisor handed me a 46 page audit of internet sites that were visited from my logon in an eight hour period. It showed that I was visiting different sites every few minutes, I WASN'T! I leave by browser open all day and mostly use google and yahoo to help out customers locate addresses or phone numbers. Several IP addresses showed up and led to nowhere when I tried trace them down, also sites like go.disney.com showed up several times and showed 5mins of usage each time. Several people use this machine on different days and times with their own logon, could I be a victim of their surfing or spyware? Most sites visited showed less than a couple of minutes and some just a few seconds.

Thanks for your help
    Bob

2. grouse

grouse

Prob 3rd party cookie referrals

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Banner advertisements also pull down things from everywhere.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice