1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet based programs problems

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by minish1, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. minish1

minish1 Thread Starter

hey, thanks in advance for any help offered.

im having troubles that i've gone to great lengths to fix yet nothing has worked. my internet based programs ie6, aim, msn messenger etc. after a period of time act like i have no internet connection, yet i can go into control panel and check my internet connection and it appears to be working fine.

at the direction of emachines tech support, i have freed up system resources using msconfig, i have mcafee virusscan/firewall on, browser hijack blaster, adaware 6, and spysweeper, i have even gone so far as to formatting my hd. Please help!!!

P.S. when i restart my computer, all internet programs work again for a period of time usually about 4hrs. time

2. Dingenium

Dingenium

First, what type of internet connection are you using? What is your configuration on it?

Second, are you able to ping in DOS?

Third, this OS is WinXP? Win2k? Have you done the updates?

3. minish1

minish1 Thread Starter

i use verizon dsl, yes im able to ping in dos, and i have XP Home that yes has all updates, sorry, this is information i intended to include in first post but i forgot..

4. minish1

minish1 Thread Starter

uh... ok... no answers?? PLEASE HELP

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice