1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet becoming a mess

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wolfworx, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

Within the last couple of years the internet has becoming more and more hard to use. Pop-up ads and other junk results in my constantly playing Wack-A-Mole to get rid of them so I can view the material on the page I have been viewing. Unrequested tabs are constantly popping up. Audio clips that suddenly play ads and promotions are difficult to close. All these problems waste time when I am trying to quickly get information and go on with other activity.:mad:

Ads are necessary to support internet sites and I do not mind ads on the side of the page I am viewing, but when an Add pops up right over the text of the material I want to read, it is totally annoying. Often when I click for more of the article I am reading an unrelated and unwanted tab appears requiring me to close the tab to continue viewing my desired material.

These problems have not happened a few years ago and now seem to be getting worse. Is there a fix in my browser (Foxpro 35.0)? Can I expect less problems with another browser?

If there is no help with these growing problems, they could ruin the internet.(n)

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

By Foxpro, I believe you meant Firefox?

Ever heard of Adblock Plus?

I can understand the need for websites to survive from allowing ads to flood their pages. However, when ads are downright annoying or deceiving and malicious, that's when I have no pity. (Example: when they insert a bogus Download button right on top of the already hard to find real download link...)

I'm sorry for the good guys out there, but until they can effectively control the trash that comes in through the ads, I'm sticking with Adblock Plus (with an exception for TSG, of course :) ).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice