Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet blocking connection

370 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  valis 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a home VPN Server, my windows 11 laptop connects to my home vpn to access my files. When i am at work using works internet i cannot connect to my home vpn as they block port 1723. Is there a way to bypass the blocked port so i can connect to my home vpn? I have signed up for nordvpn but it seems to still be blocked.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Port 1723 Details
PPTP VPN (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol Virtual Private Networking).

PPTP has a number of known vulnerabilities. It is no longer considered secure, as cracking the initial MS-CHAPv2 authentication can be reduced to the difficulty of cracking a single DES 56-bit key, which can be brute-forced in a short period of time. It is prone to MITM (man in the middle) attacks, where an attacker can capture the handshake and do an offline attack to derive the RC4 key and decrypt the traffic. PPTP is also vulnerable to bit-flipping attacks, i.e. an attacker can modify PPTP packets without possibility of detection. OpenVPN with AES encryption is a much more secure choice.

Go with a product that supports SSL VPN instead.

#3 ·
IMO? Contact your IT department. I work enterprise IT and we have canned people for trying to bypass company internet policy. I would not recommend doing so without contacting them and getting authorization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.