1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet browser speed slow, everything else fine

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rymd, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rymd

rymd Thread Starter

Hi,
    a few weeks ago, my desktop computer, which remains off 5 days a week randomly, started to show extremely slow speeds in browsers. On both Chrome and Firefox, pages will take minutes to load and when it does load, the page is stripped to bare text and maybe some pictures. Any other program which connects to the internet, such as online games and MSN are fine and have no problems. I've tried clearing cache, restarting, and scanning for spyware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and although it found some spyware and trojans, it was nothing new as my desktop had already been long infected. Is there anything else I should try? Should I just post a HJT log anyways?
    Thanks

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/955105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice