Internet Browsers crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Praefecto

I've tried IE, Opera and Netscape and they all crash when I try to get to certain sites.. I just try to open certain pages and, I suspect, all these pages have java on them because the last time my IE crashed was when I was trying to open a chat room. I also have two "missing ~.dll" errors poping up every time I start windows.

OK try to repair IE by going start programs remove IE 6 as you do this it will ask you to repair or remove .. click repair and see if that helps you out
Peter

Praefecto

Can't do it in XP... In "remove programs'" i have this entry "IE Q831167". It only gives me a choice to uninstall. I tried to remove it through management of windows components, but all it does is deletes the icon. Tried to install new IE over... doesn't work.

Try this please, click start, click run, and type this and click ok

rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %windir%\Inf\ie.inf

Praefecto

I did... what happened? Did windows reinstall the IE? anything else I have to do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online