Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Browsers not working

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Hughv 
#1 ·
Well, currently I'm using a different computer, but my Windows 7 computer can't run either Firefox or Internet Explorer, both are up to date, but do not work. When I try to run them, the window doesn't open or, it opens for about three seconds before closing. Occasionally I'll get an error saying "Firefox has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working." I've already reinstalled both Internet Explorer and Firefox, but they still do not work. All other programs on my computer run fine, just not the browsers. I've done a full computer scan with my anti-virus software a couple times without finding anything. Not sure if there's anything I can really do at this point.

#3 ·
This is similar to the BEX error we've all been experiencing... i just found out how to fix this myself and i wanted to hop on any and all threads that i find to help u guys get back online! ;) (i hope this works for you)

First off: This isn't an error with the browsers it's some type of connectivity/registry virus. Notice how you can browse the net on other devices but not ur desktop...

2nd: You're going to want to run a full scan using malwarebytes; sit thru the 1-2hrs it'll be well worth it to see if there are some underlying infections.

3rd: After you delete your infections, reboot... If malwarebytes doesn't detect any infections continue on...

4th: You're gonna need to download something callled "CCleaner" by Piriform on a download able device. Once you download and install it, run it.

5th: Under the windows tab you should see Internet Explorer; Windows Explorer; Mozilla, etc. The things u need to "Run Cleaner" on are already checked. Scroll down under 'System' and check on DNS & Font Cache...

6th: Run Cleaner! :)

7th: Run another Malwarebytes Flash Scan or hop online to see if you're browser's enabled again.

8th: (Mozilla People) Go to options -> options -> advanced -> network -> settings -> auto detect

9th: You should be all set, if the problem arises again, i'd just run another CCleaner scan...

10th: Get some virus protection!!! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.