Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

internet browsers not working

679 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I had a problem with my internet explorer and mozilla. When I click the mozilla or internet explorer, it "timed out" and page is just blank. In other words, I could not go into any website, through my internet explorer and/ or mozilla firefox. When I troubleshoot it, a message told me that there is a connection but it does not respond to it. I prove this right because I can still use the google-talk and skype- they are connected and work just fine. Probably because they (google talk and skype) have separated icons. So definitely something makes my mozilla and internet explorer not to work. I have also tried to play around with my computer's firewall, but still not working.

My laptop's operating system is Window 7.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.