internet cache files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cyber19583

how would i go about ( if possible ) having any and all downloaded site's files go to a directed drive ( internet cache is, by default, the C drive ) ........ so, in other words, if i have a removable hard drive ( say drive F ), how do i direct downloaded web pages be placed in that area. In effect, i would like to work offline from from a removable hard disk ( i realize i could transfer (copy ) the data from the source to the destination but simply knowing the possible answer to this question is intrigue in itself.

THANKS

In IE...tools-->internet options--> under temporary internet files choose settings-->View Folder and pick where you want them to go.

Give that a try.

Max19

Account Disabled
I don't believe that will allow you to view the pages offline. Not every web page in its entirety is cached to your hard drive.

Internet Explorer contains a feature that allows you to save web pages for offline viewing. Click Favorites | Add to Favorites, and put a check mark in the box Make Available Offline.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online