1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet cafe setup

Discussion in 'Networking' started by chris_martin8101, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris_martin8101

chris_martin8101 Thread Starter

Ok lest start with what i am doing and then i will get to the equipment. Ok I am trying to run internet for my platoon in iraq. I am going threw the company oifnet.org. i am trying to run about 25 people. My modem is a DW4020. I already have the newest version just waiting on commissioning. I currently have 14 people. I have a dlink DI604 router, which i am currently not using due to ip add issues working on firmware. My current one is a Linksys WRT54G router. I have 4 switches just to save cable 2 dlink 1 linksys and 1 other.
    I get 5 GB per month with a daily limit of 200MB. The GB's are only measured from 10am to 10pm my time (bahgdad). Once i go over and i become untrusted The attachments show the scales. The daily limit is 200MB and as long as i dont go over 200 it leaks them out at 75 Kbs. My biggest question is what do you recommend to run this. I also have a programmable cisco switch in the mail should be here any day.

Ps Monthly service is office 1000

Attached Files:

2. Memnoch322

Memnoch322

I think what you are doing is great, but I see many issues with it.

First the bandwidth allowed...

200mb daily limit for 25 users? Not good at all. You will need to have a filtering solution in place to keep users from abusing the link. If people start streaming music that 200mb is going to get chewed up quick. Also, all thoughs image heavy myspace pages...

You can rate limit each port on the cisco, thats a start. Also, I would not make wireless available to everyone. Better to have them come to you and connect to your switch when they want to browse.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice