1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet connected but cannot use IE, MSN, Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by alisa815, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisa815

alisa815 Thread Starter

I have tried to dial up with many ISPs. My modem can connect to the internet. The internet status is like this [​IMG]
    The “Sent” and “Received” works fine.
    However, I cannot connect to the web site or MSN. I cannot even use Outlook to send and receive mail. Please see [​IMG]
    and [​IMG]
    I already TURN OFF the firewall. However, it does not work.
    I ran IPCONFIG. The result said MEDIA DISCONNECTED. Please see [​IMG]
    Also, I test my modem using HELP command in my Windows XP, the result is [​IMG]
    You can see that there are some FAIL.
    I think that the problem occurred after Norton Systemworks ran Live Update and I tried to stop the process. I do not know whether during that time, Norton sent any Virus or program to lock my system or not. However, I already used Symantec Removal Utility to remove all the program. I then scanned the Virus but did not find one.
    Please help if you can. With great thanks in advance.
    Ying

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice