Internet Connected, No web Pages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CherishR

I disconnected my Cable Modem, then i reconnected it. I restarted my computer to receive a new IP address. I received a new Ip address, and it says that my Cable modem is connected, but when i open any browser, no page can be loaded. I checked my firewalls, and disabled them, and i tried again with no success.:confused: i think that there might be something prohibiting my computer from the internet. Does any one have any suggestions?

CherishR

I disconnected my Cable Modem from my laptop, connected it to a linksys, hooked up my

desktop to it. then disconnected desktop from router and plugged modem back into laptop

then i reconnected it. I restarted my laptop to receive a new IP address. I received a

new Ip address, and it says that my Cable modem is connected, but when i open any

browser, no page can be loaded. I checked my firewalls, and disabled them, and i tried

again with no success. i think that there might be something prohibiting my computer from

the internet. Does any one have any suggestions?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Did you turn off the power on the cable modem for 15 seconds or more?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I merged the two threads, this one had a better name. :)

CherishR

okay, now i'm at work but when i get home i will first try the first suggestion (turning the modem off for 15 seconds) then i will see if it works, then i will post what you (JohnWill) suggested. Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online