Internet connection at UNI

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

richy810

i am currently at university and am connected to their LAN in my accommadation. i can surf the internet , getting my internet connection through the university LAN. however i cannot play games online !!!>>>!!! when the game tries to find a list of servers etc it says cannot connect to remote server (something like that) make sure you have an active connnection to the Internet!!!. how do u get games to recognise that you are connected to the Internet even though you do not use a dial up method ??

any information e mail me [email protected]
or post

dai

i don't know but a guess would be the uni has blocked the port

richy810

and i guess there is no way of bi-passing this ?
i have paid my connection fee , and for the software i have a right to be able to play games online ?
lol , well i should.

so u think i should just give up on it ?

dai

apprach them and check if this is the reason you cannot play online,and if it is see if they are willing to discuss it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online