1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet connection constantly drops but only on my computer and phone

Discussion in 'Networking' started by astroman891, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astroman891

astroman891 Thread Starter

Hi, i have been having some problems with my internet connection in that it drops constantly, as in every 20 - 30 minutes or so. I live in a house where there are three laptops in operation but mine is the only one with this problem. i have tried moving to different areas around the house but this still doesnt help and the problem persists. It is even worse when i am streaming something such as a video or when im on skype sometimes dropping out after 5 minutes.
    I thought it might be my computer but it also happens on my phone at the same time as it drops on my laptop.
    about a year ago my laptop did overheat which damaged some of the components and that has been a persistent problem also but the last time this happened was about two months ago and this problem with the internet has only been present for about a week!
    I am at a loss and have no idea what why it is happening or how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thankyou.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice