1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Connection Down :(

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Lorenzen85, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorenzen85

Lorenzen85 Thread Starter

Hi everyone i could really use some help.
    I connect to the internet through Qwest DSL, im using an external ActionTec GT701-WG Modem. Recently I was playing WoW (Online Game) and the power to my house up and died for several hours. When i was able to reboot my computer Windows told me that is had Recovered from a serious error, that had come from m Internet Temp Files.. Now connection to the Internet through my computer is impossible.. I went through the normal steps to determine the nature of the problem and discovered that all my Network connections are missing! I spent several hours messing with Windows wizards to try and Create New connections. Obviously i have been unsuccessful. The modem is working just fine.. in fact my mothers Laptop which i am currently using had no problems connecting.. My question is "What am i supposed to do?" My computer came standard with all those Network connections i have never had to do anything except plug in the Ethernet cord from my modem. The only thing i could think of would be to contact Qwest and see if I can get their installation CD for my modem. What do yall think?
    Oh and otherwise my PC functions normally.

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Check your device manager and ensure your network adapter still shows in there. With having all your network connections gone I wonder if something happened to your NIC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice