Internet Connection dropping.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Perad

I will start of saying i have 2 problems and i am not entirely convinced that they are networking issues.

On one computer i randomly get cut off from the internet. Maybe its not random. When i play counter strike, 9/10 times everything is fine, but when a server changes map my internet connection suddenly dies and i can only get it back by restarting my pc.

The same happens on other games but it doesn't seem to happen with general downloading and browsing.

I have a laptop that appears to be connected 24/7 and doesn't encounter this problem through internet browsing. My second desktop works fine but once in a blue moon it gets cut off.

Does anyone know what this is? Is it my computer? Some Virus or could it be network related?

----

Furthermore, i have a 2meg internet connection and my brother likes morpheus. The wierd thing is, he hardly ever downloads anything and people vary rarely download off him yet when he has it running my games stutter every minute or so. This is weird because i assume that it is taking up bandwidth listening for requests but surely...

Gaming+Browsing+Morpheus can't be 2megs worth of bandwidth. I do frequent speed checks and it is usually in or around 2megs.

Has anyone got any ideas on either of these problems. Help with both is much appriciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online