1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Connection Failing?!?!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Silent_Joka, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent_Joka

Silent_Joka Thread Starter

First of all I am using WinXP SP2. I connect via a 56K modem (DSL not available in my area yet). I use Mozilla Firefox 1.5. To the problem, I connect to internet and I get connected at about 45K. I surf around for about 30 mins. Maybe play some online games and then, I try to load a webpage like "eBay" or "Google." It tries to load for about 2 minutes then it says ".com cannot be reached." I have no clue what's going on with it. I have ran MSConfig, SafeMode, Scanned with PC Tools AV, SpyBot Search & Destroy, Ad-aware SE, PC Tools Spyware Doctor and, Ewido Anti-Malware. I have fixed all the errors that they have found but, yet my connection still fails. After it failed that time I thought it could be because of my firewall at that point in time. I used ZoneAlarm Personal and, heard that it wasn't as good as thought. Now, I am running Kerio Personal Firewall 4. Also, My connection is still failing. X-(. Is there anything that you can come up with that may cause this problem? Thanks for the help in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice