Internet connection issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FPause

Hello,first of all I would like to thank you in advance for any help.Im using windows 10.My desktop shows that I’m connected to the internet but I cannot play online games and surf the internet.For example when I open chrome if I visit YouTube it connects immediately but on any other site it keeps loading and at the end it says error.At the same time the another desktop I have has internet without problems.I tried to reboot router and factory reset too.Nothing changed.I made reset of network setting from my desktop.Still the same.Tried specific DNS again the problem.Yesterday for example the internet connection was ok and at the night the problem appeared again.Today it was ok in the morning and now I have the same issue without changing something.Does anyone have any idea what can it be?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What happens if you use a different browser?

FPause

What happens if you use a different browser?
Still the same.I tried with internet edge.The 2 games that I play and see that I can’t access them are FIFA 19 and League of Legends

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not do games, so I will bow out, hoping some gamer will chime in.

plodr

Liz
So you have an intermittent connection problem. Is the desktop computer connected by wire or wireless?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well those games are not browser based are they?

What happens if you go to any other website, like abc.com and msn.com?

FPause

Nothing..it’s a little weird because for example in the morning I could do anything,browsing the internet,play games and then just stopped without doing anything.Anyway Thank you all but I’m going to make a format installation from the beginning

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
before you do that, do you have any other devices that display similar issues?

FPause

No everything else connected to the internet works fine.The other desktop,laptop,smartphones..everything except my pc...maybe when I did a reset one month ago something might lost

plodr

Liz
I'd rule out hardware first.
1. Change the ethernet cable that plugs into your computer and the router. (Yes, wires go bad.)
2. Change the port on the router that the computer is plugged into. (Yes a port on a router can go bad).
3. Check the lights on the NIC on your computer. (NICs fail too).

Trying to fix a hardware problem (bad cable, port or NIC) by reinstalling software won't fix it.
So, I always advise to check hardware before reinstalling Windows.

Nothing changed
and yet, you finally mentioned this
I did a reset one month ago
Sorry but that is a big change you didn't mention.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online