1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet connection keeps going down

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by delamb8, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delamb8

delamb8 Thread Starter

My internet connection has been giving me trouble for the last few months. My connection goes down every few days. My home office has two desktops and is running off of a wireless network. I have our cable internet running into my router and one desktop. The other desktop is connected via USB. As of late, my internet connection goes down every few days. I disconnect the router and the cable modem for a min. and the plug them in again, and get connectivity for a few days. After a few days, give or take, I have to do it again. Yesterday, my wife tried to get on and mine was down (the one hooked up by the USB), but her's worked fine. I had mentioned or problem to comcast awhile back and they sent some guys over to replace some of the outside wiring, and that helped, but didn't fix the problem. That is what made it every 3 days or so rather than everyday. I noticed that even though I cannot connect to the internet, my network signal strength still says that it is strong. The comcast guys said that I should try changing some of my settings on my network, but I am not sure what to change. If anyone has any idea on how I can fix my problem let me know!

Thanx

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't understand your network. What is the brand and model of your modem and router? You have a computer connected to the modem via USB and a router connected to the modem via ethernet?

And it's definitely the modem is losing internet connection?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597024

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice