1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet connection loss

Discussion in 'Networking' started by brotherjohndavid, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brotherjohndavid

brotherjohndavid Thread Starter

I lose my internet connection through wireless or LAN periodically. I disabled my wireless and just have my wired connection going, but it disconnects periodically & I have to remove & inset my Cat cable allthe time for my connection to comeback. Any ideas? Driver update/rollback, up to date router, and/or configuration? Thanks any help would be very much appreciated-Shalom.

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Do you have any other devices on that router and does the same thing happens to those?

3. brotherjohndavid

No just on my Acer laptop.

4. brotherjohndavid

It happens on both my wireless & wired connection to my laptop. could be a driver?

5. CleaverX

CleaverX

No, because Ethernet and Wireless each use their own drivers. So when you are using the Lan connection and you get disconnected, what exactly do you see? visual warnings, errors? Please take a screenshot and post it here

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice