1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet connection on Windows via Linux

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BruinBeer, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruinBeer

BruinBeer Thread Starter

I know this is probably a very stupid question I'm about to ask.
    I understand that you can share your internet connection on Linux with your Windows computer.
    Now I was wondering if this would make browsing on your Windows computer SLIGHTLY safer, or if there is some way that the Linux computer could be used to filter the connection to the Windows computer somehow. By this I mean for extra protection against viruses/attacks.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Why share? Boot the Windows computer with a live linux USB stick and keep it protected if you are worried about it.

I will probably have my husband do this when he wants to browse on his Windows 7 laptop after January 2020.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice