1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet connection sharing and ADSL

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by six6six, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. six6six

six6six Thread Starter

I am trying to share an ADSL connection from my server to other PC's. I have read various support guides on how to allows ICS, but none seem to work. I can share a dial-up modem, with out any hassle, but the ADSL connection is another story.
    The server has the only manually entered IP address (192.168.0.1), and the other PC's are set to auto, and no proxy is needed.
    Could this be an issue with the hub? I am suspect of this because I have had various problems in the past, but nothing concrete.

2. p5mmx10g

p5mmx10g

are those pcs that connected to the hub abe to communicat with others? if not, you have problem with connection.

3. jchris102

jchris102

4. Rockn

Rockn

Connect the DSL router to the hub not the "server". I can do it at home connecting the router to the hub and configuring each workstation IP address to 10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.3 and they all have access no problem without the use of ICS or any other proxy software.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60462

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice