1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet connection sharing with a xbox!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by realphx, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realphx

realphx Thread Starter

I want to use my xbox over the internet, all teh cables i have are too short so im thinking if i can use a ethernet cable from my un-used on board lan to my xbox i could get on the net. anybody know what to do to get it to work correctly?\

btw, i tryed the information on the xbox website but i did not use a crossover cable so it didnt work

2. gtard*10^kp

gtard*10^kp

there are three ways that i know of to get your xbox on the internet. and one of them im not sure of so...
    the first (like you mentioned) is a crossover cable which yhou dont have so dont worry bout that (althought it might be the least expensive out of the three)
    2) router connected directly to the internet and then plug your computer into one port and your xbox into another (this is the most common way of getting it done)
    3) use your computer as a switch: this requires installing a second LAN port onto your computer. then plug the internet into your computer and enable internet connection sharing then plug either a hub or the xbox into the second port
    -gtard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice