1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet connection sharing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by abhisheknarulkar, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhisheknarulkar

abhisheknarulkar Thread Starter

"I want to share my internet connection with my friend, How I should proceed for same? I need two PC should work at time.
    Some facts -
    Me and my friend lives in different localities.
    We have same service provider (cablewala)
    He is ready to give connection to my friend.
    He inform me that net will work on one PC at time.
    "

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you both have internet connections - what is it exactly you want to share ?
    is this a third person without an internet connection , in a different location?

the simple answer is , your third friend needs to purchase a broadband/internet service

if in the same premises , a router should allow you to share the connection - assuming the ISP allows - all do - but just in case there's an exception here for some obscure reason on the ISP

3. charan5b3

charan5b3

what etaf said is true ,if the third person is in same physical location ,and if you dont have wireless router then with your laptop ,cable connection you can share connection to other laptop via wifi is that you want.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice