1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Connection suddeny drops out

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jaffa12345, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaffa12345

jaffa12345 Thread Starter

I bought a new computer recently with Windows Vista and connected it to my Netcomm NB9W router. Everything was working fine for about a week or 2 but then my internet connection would just randomly drop out . When clicking on the diagnose button on windows vista it said it couldnt detect a problem and prompted me to reset my network adapter. After doing this it works perfectly. I tried changing my ethernet cable and also different router ports but i got the same problem. I bought the router only about 2 months ago and so I'm out of ideas.

P.S. I assembled the computer my self which im pretty inexperienced at so I might have made a mistake or something on the motherboard.

P.S.S The ADSL light on the router is always lit during these dropouts

2. reezin14

reezin14

Does this happen at certain times,maybe there is some type of interference(phone,microwave) causing the signal to drop. Also go the your manufactures website of the wireless adapter and see if they have updated drivers for your card if so download them and try it out. One more thing to check is if windows is the only app trying to control your connection and not both wireless adapter & windows.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

FWIW, this might be because the Vista machine goes into sleep mode. Try adjusting the power settings for the NIC to not allow power savings. I had to put a different NIC in my Vista machine, the ABIT MB NIC had that problem and I could never get it to stop dying. The Added Intel gigabit NIC works fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice