1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Connectivity Help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Garninc580, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Garninc580

Garninc580 Thread Starter

Hello,

For the past few days my Internet has been acting very sluggish and my download speeds are very low. Sites that used to take a few seconds to load now take a minute or so. Also, I used to be able to stream HD video, but now I can barely do 480p. I have tried restarting my computer, modem, and router but to no avail. The weird thing is that this is only happening to two of my computers. I normally have a very fast internet speed, but now on two of my computers it is a sluggish crawl.

Computer 1 - Has Issues

The Windows Wireless Networking Connection Status panel claims that it has 36 mbps download speed, but third party sites and programs claims that it has around a 11 kbps download speed.

Computer 2 - Has Issues

Mostly has issues with streaming video.

Intel Atom N570 Processor 1.66GHz
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    16GB Solid-State Hard Drive
    12.1-Inch Screen, Intel GMA 3150
    Google Chrome OS

Computer 3 - No Issues

Internet is very fast and responsive. Same third party site claims it has a 30 mbps download speed.

Mac OS X
    Version 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
    Processor - 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory - 1 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Can anyone offer a solution to why this may be happening? Thank you very much.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

For both PCs make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If it is an integrated adapter get the driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site. If you already have the latest driver reinstall it anyhow in case the installed instance is corrupted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060576