1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Connectivity Problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by patpoitup, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patpoitup

patpoitup Thread Starter

I am in a house with 2 roommates. We all share a wireless cable internet. The router is all the way across the house, but is re-transmitted through my roommates "extender" So my connection is usually pretty fast.

My problem is, that when I restart, or after I wake up in the morning, I find that my internet does not work. This doesnt happen everytime, I'de say 3 out of 5 times.

When this happens I will either switch between the raw signal and the re-router, or restart. Sometimes it works, sometimes I do nothing, and then in a matter of say 5 or 10 minutes my internet magically works.

I dont have a single clue what could be the cause of this.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Are you hibernating the PC, or do you have the power settings such that the wireless network adapter is being shut down when the PC is idle for a long period?

3. patpoitup

patpoitup Thread Starter

i just went to power options and turned off hibernate. Should that fix it?

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Possibly, time will tell.

But hibernating and/or standby often kills network connections

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice