Internet Cuts off when trying to play games/ torrents

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bangaazn

HI all

I'm in University and using the universities Access point to use the internet. To access the internet I have to log in and everything works fine.

Its just when I try to play online games, such as using "All Seeing Eye" to display servers, the internet suddenly cuts off for about 30-40 mins everytime. I'm pretty sure its something to do with my computer as a friend can use everything and using an access point like me.

Can anyone help please?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you refer to the Rules link above, you'll see we offer no help for P2P applications here.

As far as the on-line games, is it all gaming sites or just a select few that are experiencing the problem?

And it is only gaming sites or are regular web pages also having problems.

bangaazn

Regular Websites are fine - its just when i try refreshing server info or trying to access servers.

"To access the internet I have to log in and everything works fine" - What are you logging into other than Windows? Could this be some cause of the problem.

When the Internet cuts out, do you lose your IP information or other networking capabilities?
Can you ping any sites or is it just the browser that doesn't work?

Again, only here to help with the server timeouts you are experiencing.

Some things you can try on your own to help determine the source of the problem are:

1. Try your computer at a different location, off campus.
2. Try using another computer but your logon at school.

University is probably using a NAC.

It's very easy to restrict/knock down gaming & P2P connections with those. University networks aren't the love-ins that they used to be.

As everybody stated before, talk to your University IT and find out what their policy is.

Curious that another computer would work fine.

So if you think it is your computer, try your computer at another location to be sure.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online