internet disconnection during online gaming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ihatewinME

when i play my neverwitnernights SOU online the internet randomly disconnects....

i can play other games like counter strike without it disconecting

I had the same problem with Everquest.
After updating the firmware on my Linksys router the problem seems to have been fixed. Only 1 disconnect in about 2 weeks.

Regards,
Roger

Yeah. If you have a router (which I'm assuming you do), go to your router's website and download the newest firmware. I've only heard of this problem with Linksys routers, but I'm sure they happen with other routers. I have this problem every now and then with Counterstrike.

On a technical note, it's not your internet disconnecting. It's your router not being able to process all the information at one time forcing you to shut down your game so it can recouperate.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.