1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet disconnects after 3 hours!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mikermiker1, Sep 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mikermiker1

mikermiker1 Thread Starter

for some reason, whenever i use the internet, it will disconnect me after 3 hours of use, give or take 20 minutes or so. this is very very frustrating!!! is there any way i can fix it???
    miker

2. mdkelley

mdkelley

IE has an option under Tools/Internet Options/Connections and then usually properties for your dialup where you can specify a time to disconnect (i.e. - if idle more than X minutes). Have you checked this?

If not - it may be something in your ISP setup (like aol, etc.)

3. mikermiker1

mikermiker1 Thread Starter

its not that thing in IE, cuz neither box is checked... i dunno how to get to my InfiNet settings.. anyone?

4. Mulderator

Mulderator

Your ISP is doing that. There are a number of programs you can use to prevent that from occuring. Go to ZDNET or one of the other shareware sites and do a search for "disconnect from the internet" and you should find a bunch.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/37301

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice