1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet disconnects every 30 minutes

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BluesSlinger, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BluesSlinger

BluesSlinger Thread Starter

I too am having problems with my internet connection disconnecting after about 30 minutes. I am using XP Home. I connect by an antenna on my roof receiving an RF signal (I think) or it might be a microwave signal. Anyway the cable comes down through the wall into my router. I have to power down the router and power it up again to reconnect. Anyone with ideas?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Do you frequent any download sites like Limewire or Morpheus?

4. Duckman69

Duckman69

im not the brightest guy in the world so these arent garentee fix's but its worth a shot ... is your computer protected properlly & you have uptodate antivirus software ? if not you should download trend micro trial goole it its us.trendmicro.com or org or something... next i would suggest disconnectin your router for up to an hour and plugging it back in... if the problems continue to occur i would contact your provider & ask them if there is anything you can try... also how long has this been going on, do you recall doing something before it started like (visitin warez sites, downloading from unsafe locations?, playing with router settings, etc.) anyway i hope i helped a little bit im no john will lol but thats what i would start with if it were me
    ~Later

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590393

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice