1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet disconnects when downloading?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Icedgreece, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icedgreece

Icedgreece Thread Starter

Title says it all.

It is getting frustrating. I just want to leave uTorrent on over night to download, but within 20 minutes to an hour my internet just disconnects.

I have XPlornet Radio internet (I live where there is no hardwire). They said they would call me if I was using too much internet from downloads, which they have never called me. They said when I reach 100GB's in a month they will call me, but that is virtually impossible to reach.

My Router is a D-Link DIR825. It says my modem has disconnected, but the antenna outside my house has full bars. Usually when the internet is down, the lights are red or will flash. I reset it (Unplugging the antenna, and plugging it back in 2 minutes apart), and the web is still down. I then do the same, but with my router as well. Then BAM ! Internet is magically running again. Then it cuts out after enough time of downloading.

I think it's a router problem if resetting the router fixes it? Could it be a setting in the router itself?

Thanks so much.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

This thread is closed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice