1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet disconnects whenever not plugged in?????

Discussion in 'Networking' started by chantszhin, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chantszhin

chantszhin Thread Starter

Hey guys, i have an Asus F6A, Vista business i duno if its 32 or 64 cos i duno wt that stuff is but ANYWAY.......recently have a problem for internet connection. I've heard about other people their internet disconnects randomly and you gota reset the comp for everything to go fine, but this only happens to me when my laptop is not plugged in.....so when it's not plugged in, after a while it'll disconnect, everything to do with the network is dysfunctional, eg. i can't open anything, very slow, or can't even detect other networks around. So...any ideas???
    Thanks!!!

2. Soundy

Soundy

Sounds like your wireless adapter is going into power-save mode. I can't tell exactly how to do it for Vista, since I don't have Vista on any of my machines here, but these are the steps for XP (Vista should be similar):

Right-click My Computer and go to Properties
    Switch to Hardware tab and click Device Manager
    Click + to expand the Network Adapters section
    Right-click the wireless adapter and go to Properties
    Switch to the Power Management tab
    Uncheck the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
    Click OK

3. chantszhin

Oh.........Thank you so much Soundy!!!!!!!!!!

4. chantszhin

Hey soundy, i followed your steps. However, i still got disconnected, i tried restarting laptop and again it disconnected. Do i have to run my laptop not on "power saver" mode for it to stop disconnecting?

5. Soundy

Soundy

Hmm, well, I assumed you were using the wireless... are you, or are you plugging in the network as well?

6. chantszhin

yehh i'm using wireless net. It's fine if i use the "balanced" power settings. I don't know if you can really give me anymroe help but anyway thanks!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/862595

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice