1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet disconnects

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gav16, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gav16

gav16 Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I am new here and dont know a lot about computers. I have a laptop with an aolynk router and a 3com wireless system. I have no pc just 2 laptops hooked up to my internet.
    The internet works fine but disconnects every now and then. There is no pattern i can see (ie.every hour or every 10 mins etc) it justs disconnects but saying limited or no connectivity.If I click repair it doesnt work i have to disconnect both the router and the wireless modems to get it back on.
    Can someone offer me any advice please.
    G

2. golddust

golddust

Not big on wireless, had nothing but problems with it in our house as well. Go wired if at all possible.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Try changing channels first, you may have wireless interference. If that doesn't do it, upgrade the router to the latest firmware, and do a factory reset and reconfiguration.

4. gav16

gav16 Thread Starter

ok changed channels still the same.
    do i reset the router by pressing the reset button on the router itself

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

To do a factory reset, most routers require the reset to be held for 10 seconds or more with power on.

6. gav16

gav16 Thread Starter

ok thanks for your help will do that

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/548499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice