1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet disconnects

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by roy48, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roy48

roy48 Thread Starter

I have a Compaq Presario-AMD Athlon 64-3500+-512mb-200gb. Running windows xp sp3, updated and malware clean. I am stuck with dialup connection until [email protected] upgrades our area. I sometimes leave my pc running a download all night. I usually use orbit downloader but some downloads work better with no manager. Since I reinstalled windows my connection gets disconnected at at different times and redials the connection, but only at night when I leave it downloading a large file. In internet connection I have checked "never dial a connection". It is just an annoyance but I would like to fix it. Any help will be appreciated. I forgot to say that I use IE7 and have tried connection keeper ( with same results). Tried firefox several times but it was slower than IE on my pc. Thanks again. Lots of good advice on this site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/777072