Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

internet disruption and 1394 connection properties

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  janejkus 
#1 ·
I log onto my computer and shortly after this I could not access the internet through internet explorer. The internet explorer pages would say I was disconnected but I have broadband and am always connected ...(I had a similar problem with this previously when I would use yahoo messenger ...I would be disconnected from the internet and yahoo at the same time but I could shut down my internet connection for a few seconds and then it would let me back on) (prior to figuring that simpler solution I had to uninstall yahoo messenger and reload it to access yahoo again and had to reboot my computer to gain internet access again)

At present it would not allow me to use internet explorer shortly after I logged onto my computer so just fishing around my computer I found the 1394 connection properties page...it was connected and firewalled along with my local connection (why I need two connections I don't know thats just the way I found it) anyway when I went under the advanced tap I noticed that the "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection" was checked and I couldn't uncheck it until I 1st checked (it had been unchecked when I found it) the above box that reads "Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection" I'm not on a network...this is just my home computer...now since I have disabled the 1394 connection and the box that I started earlier that was checked I haven't had any trouble with getting on the net anymore.

Oh also when my computer boots up after I enter my password it takes me to an all black screen with a cursor that flashes for awhile them windows will start up and it says my antivirus is disabled for awhile at start up then it shows it on after awhile.

I should say that I have had a hacker in the past...I suspected I did and after trying to get him out for along time and doing (I think its called) low level formates or something with the helps of some techs to erase my hard drive and start over clean...after I tried to do this my home page on internet explorer would have the same address as it always would and others could use the address and get the correct page if I copied and pasted it to them but all mine homepage would be was a blank white screen that said "Are you trying to test me?"...I have not gotten any messages since although there was another time not too long ago it (my homepage) turned all white again with no message and for awhile I would be booted whenever I talked to a guy on yahoo (and I don't have to be in chat for that to happen) although that hasn't happened for awhile now I am booted off yahoo several times a day just when its on and not in chat.

I guess I'm asking should I be concerned that someone is messing around with my computer again... he never hurt it when he was in there before but the fact that it seems personal at times concerns me somewhat...if it was some random act of hacking or something like that I think I would be less concerned...oh I guess I should also say that I have two poetry pages (one is public and the other one is not) and a friend at work was accessing one of them and the computer system at work went crazy saying there was a hlmt exploit virus on both sites and I guess this is put there by someone who has access to the sites and allows a back door to their computers if they access the page that was about a year ago and when I looked up the alert is says it was used rarely but could be very harmful cuz it allowed access and then I sent off the info to microsoft so they would know. Am I just being paranoid or do I have reason to be?

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.