Internet doesnt work on one computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

konceptz

I have a problem that the internet doesnt work on one computer but it works on all the others in the household. First off I check the connection to see if the cables are lose but they seem to be secure. If anyone has any ideas that would be very much appreciated because I am completely out of ideas. Thanks.

Cancel your firewall for five minutes and see if that makes a difference.

TerryNet

Terry
Switch cables to see if it's a cable problem.

If you are using something like a router or switch or hub, try a different port.

If you are connecting through a router, check to see if you have connection to the router.

Maybe I was not very clear in my first post. You cancel the Firewall on the PC that will not go on the Internet... and then you try to get on the Internet. Sometimes the Firewall's settings are changed and will not allow you access to the Internet. Hope this is more clear.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online