1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Downloads Slowing Down Extremely

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ProSavage, Nov 28, 2018.

1. ProSavage

ProSavage Thread Starter

So I've been having this problem recently, where whenever I try to download anything through a browser, the update starts at around 150 kbps and slowly drops until it stops, usually dropping at about one kb /s/s. Like it starts at 150, then 149, then 148, until it eventually goes to 0. The problem isn't a download region problem, and also isn't the browser's themselves, I believe it is something with my computer configuration or settings. On steam and other downloading platforms, I get a constant 7-10 MB/s with no breaks. I also have tried installing Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and have tried to download from different sites on each browser. The same exact thing happens on each download, starts at some very very low rate, then drops slowly until stopping, no matter the site, browser, or whatever, even though downloads that aren't from browsers are 100% fine.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Is this happening at all site or just one?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219757

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice