1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet drops out

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lottie11, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lottie11

lottie11 Thread Starter

Hi, I have a problem with my newish Toshiba Satellite Laptop. The wireless connection keeps dropping out. I've updated the driver, moved the laptop adjacent to the router but nothing helps. Ethernet is Ok and also an external usb dongle.I suspect the network card in the laptop but how do I convinve Toshiba that there is a fault?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Assuming that you are talking about the integrated wireless adapter, is the driver the latest from Toshiba's web site?

What exactly do you mean by "dropping out"?

3. lottie11

lottie11 Thread Starter

Yes it is the latest driver as advised by Toshiba. Drops out means that I can initially connect and then quickly lose connection. re-connection usually possible but does not last long.As I am doing now,I can connect with a usb dongle without problems. I would continue with this method except that the laptop is only a few weeks old and it seems wrong that it does not operate properly

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I agree with you, and think that your last post should be enough to get Toshiba to take action. But, let's look a little deeper before you tackle the probably frustrating experience of discussing this with their tech support. For the following you can use either adapter ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.

5. lottie11

lottie11 Thread Starter

Thanks Terrynet, please could you remind me how to send you a screen shot - sorry!

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  7. lottie11

lottie11 Thread Starter

Sorry for delay in reply, partly due to holidays partly because I wanted to be sure that all was well. Not sure how it happened but have had no problems since last message. Perhaps an ISP or tel line fault although they assured me that was not the case.
    Very many thanks for your help and support.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice