Internet drops while heavy downloads (0.0.0.0 IP)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

enei200

Greetings,

Using: Tp-link Archer C59 - dynamic IP
same problem with old routers (2 of them, with 1 and 2 anthenas)

I had this problem for a long time and tried a lot to fix it.
So,
Whenever I try to download or update large files (with Steam, Torrents (which I do not use much) and others launchers) - downloading speed slowly drops to 0.
I checked router settings and every time this happens, my IP, Mac-adress, Default Gateway, subnet mask and both DNS-servers instantly drop to 0.0.0.0
This rarely accurs when I try to download something directly from a browser (I think, it's due to the low speed from browser downloads). Also, this happens in both main computer and any wireless connection (haven't seen this with phones or tablets through)

What I tried:
- Updating Router's drivers
- Questioning my internet provider (they said they had no disconnecting in their end)
- Randomly changing my Router's settings
- buying a new router (2 times)

Would love to see any suggestions on what to do. Thanks for your time.

Couriant

James
Or you have a bad network card. HAve you tried a different computer to replicate the issue?

Also try a static IP configuration.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online