1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet/email settings

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by boozy, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boozy

boozy Thread Starter

Hi can anyone tell me how I can save my internet and email settings so that whenever I have to re configure my hard drive or re-install windows I can avoid having to manually type them all
    into the system again,and also my desktop colour scheme.Can I
    Save all the above to a disk and reload whenever I have to re-
    install windows.

Cheers,

Boozybaz

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Boozy
    Welcome to TSG!
    I am not sure you can easily save your e-mail settings because I believe they are regisrty entries and not a file.
    However with the theme once you have your desktop theme set up the way you want it use the save as function and apply a name to it. Example, after desktop is set up click save as and
    type in XXXXX.theme where the x's is the name you selected.
    Once saved you can copy the files to floppy and in the future copy it back to the theme folder. My themes are stored in C:\Program Files\Plus!\Themes
    If you do a search typing in *.theme you will find themes if they already exist.
    Hope that helps.
    Dave

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

4. hewee

hewee

5. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

I recommend typing them up in a simple text file using Notepad. Then you can easily verify them if you're having a problem, or enter them if you decide to change to a different operating system or a different e-mail client.

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Oh, I just assumed anything technical had to be OE. :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice