Internet Exlporer 6

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mackiegirl

I am running IE 6 on my computer and I am having trouble with images on the web pages not loading. I get a message page loaded but with errors.
I have tried to reinstall IE 6, but it keeps doing the same thing.
Can anyone help resolve this issue. I am going crazy.

Del

Try going to Tools > Internet Options and click the Advanced Tab.
Click Restore Defaults and see if that fixes it.

If what Del suggested does not work try deleting your Internet Cache and History. Select Tools, Internet Options, and use the buttons to delete them. Then use the Settings and check the location they are stored and use MY Computer to check if everything was deleted. If not do it manually. This has helped me in the past. Good luck.

Del

Can you give us one of the sites and what image is not loading?
By the way, what Operating System are you running.?

mackiegirl

Del-
All pages seem to have this problem. My OS is windows 2000.
For example, the top of this page, I seem the tabs labeled Help on the Net, TSG Forum, etc. They all have a red x and no graphic, just text.

Check you Internet browser options. In IE, Go to tools-Internet options, clicked advanced tab, scroll down to 'multimedia' and check 'show pictures'.

If that does not work make sure you have applied all SP updates for your browser. For example, IE 5.5 SP1

Del

Hi Dan,
Already tried that. Click Restore Defaults in Advanced, turns on graphics if it is unchecked and didn't fix it.

crjdriver

Are you by chance running a firewall such as zonealarm or Norton firewall? If so, have you tried turning off the firewall and seeing if you can view the images?

mackiegirl

I turned off my norton firewall and that seemed to fix the problem.
Does this mean I can not run the firewall anymore? I seem to be vunerable to hackers?
Thanks for your help

Del

Try turning it on again. If you get the same problem, you'll have to find the item it's blocking and uncheck it and when it asks to allow again, say yes.

crjdriver

Had the same problem with Norton personal firewall; I ended going with dsl and a router. That cured the problem of being unable to view some pictures.
There is a service pack for ie6, have you downloaded and installed it?
Something else you might try, download zonealarm; it is free and you can see if that helps the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online