Internet Exp 6 (Windows 98)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mikebosy

Hi
How can I make IE 6 shut down my connection automatically when I close down the browser? If I don't disconnect by clicking on the "online" icon in bottom right of screen, I remain on line even with IE 6 closed down.
Mike

Go to Tools> Internet Options> Connections Tab> Settings> Advanced> Place a checkmark on Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed.

Let us know how that worked

DS

Thanks Dark Star. That is what I was trying to find/think of.

However for me at least, that did not work in the way that mikebosy wanted it to.

The other way to do it is to go to internet options>connections>and select "always dial a connection" if you don't already have it that way. If you do, then maybe Dark Star's Idea will work.

I think that will work, but that method has it's pros and cons.

Whenever you click on internet explorer or on something that needs to connect to the net, it will do so, which can be annoying if you really didn't want to connect.

mikebosy, the way I think you have it, is the way it should be (opinion)

"opinion" under internet options>connections>"never dial a connection" should be selected

That way, when you want to connect to the net, you click on a shorcut of your Dun to connect and right click on it to disconnect. unless you use aol."opinion"

Yeah, leave it to Bill & Co. to give us a reason to have to say.....

"You can also", "If that doesn't", "Seems to happen when", " Before you tried....." " when you tried" and of course " What happens when?"

I've no doubt they've had plenty of laughs at Bill's place. :rolleyes:

DS

mikebosy

Hi Dark Star
Thanks for your help but there is no option of: "Disconnect when Connection is no longer needed"

Mike

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online