1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer 11 won't download any program from any site.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by krob28, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krob28

krob28 Thread Starter

For example, when I clicked on the link above, Download TSG SysInfo, I get this popup: "SysInfo.exe couldn't be downloaded". I tried to download Adobe Reader and got the same thing. I cannot open a pdf file from an email message. I have tried many solutions from many internet sites, but none worked. I reset IE to default setting, messed around with manage add-ons and other settings, but no luck. I ran full scan with Microsoft security essentials and malware, no threats detected. disabled windows firewall, didn't help. I can surf the internet ok, but sometimes get the pop-up, internet explorer has stopped working. I would ditch IE and use google chrome but can't download it. the problem seems to be with IE.
    My computer is a dell i660, intel core i5-3330 with windows 7 home premium 64 bit, about 2 years old and works great otherwise.
    any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks krob28
    PS this is my first post so I probably missed some things.

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you set the compatability view settings in the "tools" tab in IE11,

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice