1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer 6.0 problem on Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CHAPMON26, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CHAPMON26

CHAPMON26 Thread Starter

Help!!! This is the message I get when I try to open up a screen when I'm on a companies web page:

You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.macsmodels.co.uk home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

I've downloaded IE Service Pack 1, checked my security settings and nothing seems to work. I also have downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Mike :eek:

2. dai

dai

some company web pages are not for public use
    all the links work for me except, all followings the privacy statement down the bottom

3. CHAPMON26

CHAPMON26 Thread Starter

Dai:

Thanks for the response, but most of these pages are ones I could get into last week, but not now. Most of them are links from another web page within it's own website.

Another thing I cant do now is attach photographs or files to my outgoing email. Don't know what it is anymore.

Mike

4. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=884130&product=windowsxpsp2 Hi Mike Go to this link and check the list of programs that Microsoft has listed that may conflict with something on your computer after you installed SP2 . If the problems have occured aftr you installed SP2 go to add/remove and remove it from your system . This may correct any faults . There are many people who have installed SP2 without a problem but there are also many who are in trouble after they installed SP2 .

5. dai

dai

try turning off the m/s firewall and see if you can get in

6. CHAPMON26

CHAPMON26 Thread Starter

Dai:

I had Zone Alarms Lab installed, and my computer guy (I bought it from him) came over, he turned off Zone Alarms Lab firewall, and the problem was solved. I uninstalled it, but still get an occasional script error, but for the most part can now surf and attach pics no problem.

Thanks for the attention.

Mike (y) (y)

7. dai

dai

zone alarm was one of the programs that had problems with sp2,i think they have an update out

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!