1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer 6

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JohnC543, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnC543

JohnC543 Thread Starter

I am running Win95 and IE5.5 My IP has an upgrade that I cannot download because it requires a minimum of Win95B and IE 6. I have looked on the
    Microsoft site (which is very confusing) and not found a download for either
    95B or IE6. Appreciate any comments.

2. brianF

brianF

95B was a seperate operating system to purchase I beleive, basically known as OSR2 I think.
    IE 6 will not work with win95, minimim of win98 per microsoft

3. starwaves77

starwaves77

Exactly as BrianF says, explorer 6.0 will not work with windows 95, , it's possible though to upgrade your 95a to 95b but you will need the 95b disks and it's tricky:

95 OSR2 Upgrade

You'd be better off just upgrading to 98 or keeping the 95a & explorer 5.5, that's fine the way it is. What is the problem download? Maybe there is a workaround.

This is cool:
    Windows95 OSR2

That's the original install OSR2, not an upgrade, for $20 ish, it couldn't possibly get any better,

:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice