1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer 7.0 Is On The Way

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by flavallee, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    Microsoft's Bill Gates has made it official. Internet Explorer 7.0 will released later this year. It will be for Windows XP and not for Windows 98SE/ME.

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

3. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Tuesday, February 15, 2005
    Microsoft Changes Course: New Standalone IE for XP Planned

After claiming for months it would not issue a new version of its Internet Explorer browser until it shipped Longhorn, Microsoft decides to deliver an IE 7.0.

In a complete about-face, Microsoft has decided to deliver a new, standalone version of its Internet Explorer browser in order to stem potential customer defections due to security and feature concerns.

Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates announced at the RSA Conference in San Francisco on Tuesday that Microsoft will deliver Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0 for Windows XP Service Pack 2 customers. The 7.0 release, which will go to beta this summer, will add new anti-phishing, anti-spyware and anti-virus safeguards, according to company officials. Microsoft officials did not offer a target release date for the final IE 7.0.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

More like defections to other browsers! :eek:

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

I 'spect that Sqyuash has hit the nail on the head!

wrs

6. mike5532g

mike5532g

Doesn't mention anything about tab browsing, I guess we're stuck using Slimbrowser and Maxthon.

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    I've tried different browsers, but I always come back to MIE. I'll likely grab MIE 7.0 as soon as it's released.

8. begud4me

begud4me

beware all web designers!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

9. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Did anyone see the speech Gates gave about Interopability with different computing systems. Microsoft's own Browser is not W3C compliant nor is their Web Page. Their web page generates almost 150 errros when run thru the Validator. What new non W3C compliant crap are they going to throw into version 7.

10. Maverick83

Maverick83

You're internet must suck.

11. Emtronics

Emtronics

Well Maverick83 (if that's your real name) :D that is a matter of opinion. I too, use IE. I also use Nestscape 7. I find lots of sites where "boxes" or content doesn't show in NS and yet shows in IE. Everyone targets IE, who wants to crack Netscape, or Firefox? Far far more IE users out ther by far.

12. Maverick83

Maverick83

Only because of ignorance. There are something that I can do in Firefox, that IE doesn't get. And thats only in building a website.

Firefox is far better because of it's speed and it's extensions. The ability to augment more functions into Firefox to make browsing easier is something IE doesn't have.
    There are things that can be augmented into IE. But it's called spyware.

13. Old Rich

Old Rich

I have used FireFox for about a month now . . it seems a little more nimble than IE, but I keep going back to IE for " heavy duty" browsing . . Apparently the things that FireFox does well are not the things I use when I am on the net. but it is pushing M/S and that is a good thing.

wrs

14. Emtronics

Emtronics

There again, it user opinion. Not everyone on a computer can "make" web sites nor do they wish to. There are flaws in every single browser out there and to admit there's not is true ignorance.

15. Maverick83

Maverick83

Of course there are problems with FireFox. But FireFox isn't nearly as vulnerable to virii and spyware as IE. I enfore the use of FireFox on this machine because of that.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice