Internet Explorer 7.1 Tabbing problem....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

denise22

Account Closed
Hi,
I've been searching for many days now trying to fix this problem myself. No luck. I fixed getting back my hibernate button on the shut down menu, fixed getting back my switch to category/classic view in control panel, and i fixed getting rid of that nasty default button on netscape, just tonight for that one :) BUT! i can not fix this tab problem with internet explorer.
I have Windows XP Home Edition... and when i have a page opened and right click a link, then click open in new tab, it will open in a new window.... i click the little tab and it will open a tab and that works, but you know how many times you right click a link, it's maddening to have to copy and paste the links all the time. I just can't get it back. I triedredoing the registry, ... switching the 0 to a 1, but it took the tabs away and the option to open in new tab, so i put it back to 0... this was under Current user/software/microsoft/currentVersion/policies/explorer, then right click ClassicShell and change the value data to 1.... it was from a link i found tonight. but it didn't work. tools/options/etc. won't work either...it's already clicked to enable tab browsing... it's got to be in the registry, but i just don't know...
i hope i explained it throughly enough, i hope it's a simple fix lol
but i am very proud of myself for fixing the others :)lol
Denise of Ingleside

denise22

Account Closed
:D Hi,
I went to the site, read it all, then went into my add remove and starte getting rid of little things like themes, but the main thing was msn plus add on software, and it worked!
thank you, so much, it's so nice to have it back again :)
You did an awesome job,(y)
Denise of Ingleside

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online